The Cello-bellied Sapsuckers nest will be run by Elsie Gawler and Daniel Hawkins. All levels will meet in the primary Zoom room. Breakout rooms will be available for different levels.
You must register or login to see the nest’s Zoom link.
Tre strömmingar melody: https://youtu.be/oOJt9HispYA
Tre strömmingar stemma: https://youtu.be/mNwzthR4SFU
Honey in the Wood Pile melody: https://youtu.be/jD0G5-Sz2lY
Honey in the Wood Pile harmony: https://youtu.be/zmQqIORYQGA
Honey in the Wood Pile bass: https://youtu.be/uNOuvWpBbzg
Belcher’s Reel virtual ensemble instructions: http://danhawkins.weebly.com/belchers-reel.html
Here is the upload link for you to submit your Belcher’s Reel videos: https://www.dropbox.com/request/EpcRu2Z5ppBFxvzU5Sk9
Looking for materials related to this workshop? Didn’t catch it but still want to learn the tune and/or be part of the virtual ensembles? Visit danhawkins.weebly.com! Submissions for the virtual ensemble will close at 11:59pm on Sunday, Feb 28.
Cello virtual ensemble video! instructions on how to participate:
- Pull up this recording “La-Promeneuse-master-play-along” on your playback device (you will need two devices. one to play along to and one to video yourself)
- Practice and play along with the master play along track as much as you need/want to.
- When you’re ready, set up with a video device. If you are using a phone, film with the horizontal orientation.
- Tune your instrument!!
- Start filming on your filming device, and hit play on the play along recording.
- Play along, all the way to the end! Get into the spirit! Have fun!
Here is Elsie’s upload link for her virtual ensemble:
- Elsie Gawler is a multi-instrumentalist and songster rooted in Maine’s traditional folk music and culture. With her family, the Gawler Family Band, she has played throughout the state and beyond, sharing traditional fiddle tunes, songs, and original works since she was 6 years old. From this foundation she has branched out and launched her debut solo album, Sweet As Honey. The album is a collection of 9 original songs inspired by sacred connection to earth and community. While continuing to play regularly with The Gawler Family Band, her other projects include duo Elsie & Ethan, and trio The Gawler Sisters. She has also been a long-time member of the group Childsplay. (more…)
Daniel is a Philadelphia-based cellist, student, and teacher. He’s played with the Richardson Chamber Players, the Delaware Symphony Orchestra, the Boston Philharmonic, and various other ensembles and contradance bands. He released “Ride EP,” a DVD of original multimedia art, in 2012. He co-founded and served as artistic director of the Ottsville Traditional Arts Center in Bucks County PA from 2013-6, and has also taught at Maine Fiddle Camp, Fiddle Hell, Summertrios, Princeton in Asia, and Open Access to Music Education. He endeavors to make his cello teaching as accessible as possible to all, and to emphasize the participatory nature of the traditions he teaches.