*** Interested in getting certified as a lifeguard? You can obtain a Red Cross lifeguard certification at the Bath, ME, YMCA. It’s a 3-day course and MFC will pay!! If you’re interested, contact Doug at [email protected] . ****
We are also looking for volunteer work exchange campers. We offer a 50% discount on tuition in exchange for working in the kitchen or on set-up/tear down, and other tasks. Kitchen duties include cleaning, prepping, serving, and dishwashing a few hours a day, outside of class instruction time. A schedule is worked out with the kitchen staff.
MFC is a great place to spend a few weeks this summer: great healthy food, fantastic music, and a wonderful welcoming community on True’s Pond!
As always, everyone attending at MFC is expected to help out by volunteering in general, when appropriate and requested. This helps create a better community. We rely on the willingness of everyone to pitch in when needed. There are many ways to help. It Is an important aspect of the spirit we want to create, and helps with” twice the program at half the price”.
If you’re interested in applying for any of these positions, please fill out our job application form below.
Youth Counselors’ Responsibilities
(All youths under 18 years old without parents or guardians attending, are the counselor’s responsibility.)
- You work with a team of other volunteers and staff focused on youths
- Lifeguard ( if applicable) during swimming times at True’s Pond, and co-ordinate and accompany campers on swim bus to St. George.
- Bed check at around 11:30 to confirm that all youths are where they are supposed to sleep. (cabin or tent)
- Organize play activities in the afternoon. (connect with other youth counselors). Youth counselors basically keep track of the youths at camp, especially teenagers, and make sure they are fully engaged in camp, and if not doing something with music, are directed to other activities like a like games or socializing or volunteering in the kitchen.
- Check grounds and cabins during classes to ensure youths are attending classes.
- Monitor youths so they remain quiet and busy, and not disruptive, during:
- Afternoon concert (1-2 pm)
- Evening concerts (7-11 pm)
- Support and overseeing kitchen staff and volunteers when in the kitchen, and supplies.
- Would also be involved with set-up and tear-down of kitchen equipment.
- Work closely with Doug/Jo-Anne
- Would oversee all volunteers: process, training, scheduling, communication and follow-up.
- Manage equipment for youth counselors/lifeguards
- Oversee Housekeeping staff, manage supplies, schedule, quality control of bathhouses, porta potties and clean out of cabins, lost and found items
- Supervise youth counselors and lifeguards
- Supervise bunk/cabin monitors
Limited hours – normally a few hours in the afternoon. Must have current certification. Rescue equipment is provided.
Enforcing safety and emergency measures. Monitoring gate activity, especially in the evenings.
Job application form
Please use this form to apply for any of the positions listed above. We will contact you to discuss next steps, including interview, references, etc.